Products, the Universe and Everything
The Riverblade Developer's Blog
Welcome to our developer's blog. We hope that this forum provides an insight into us, our products and how we develop them. Please feel free to write to us if you have anything to add to any of the posts here.
Current Entries |
Visual Lint 188.8.131.52 has been released
|Wednesday, August 29, 2007
We are happy to announce that Visual Lint 184.108.40.206 has been released. This is a significant update, and incorporates all changes from development builds since the last public release (220.127.116.11).
The following changes are included in this build:
As ever, if you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us. We welcome your feedback.
- Whole project analysis now handles multipass analysis correctly.
- Most options are stored on a per-IDE version basis where appropriate, rather than being common to all supported IDEs [IMS ID 146].
- The analysis configuration is now automatically reloaded when the active platform is changed in Visual Studio 2005.
- Project.lnt files are now uniquely named for IDE, configuration and platform. This ensures that .lnt files for the same configuration but different platforms in the same project do not conflict.
- Visual Lint will now attempt to expand internal platform based environment variables where possible. This is primarily an issue with embedded projects (notably for Smartphone and Pocket PC platforms).
- If an unexpected (and undefined) environment variable is encountered within a project during the process of writing a project.lnt file, Visual Lint now refers to an XML configuration file in order to expand the variable. A default file (Platforms.xml) is installed by default into the Visual Lint installation folder. Note that this issue primarily affects eVC4 and VS2005 installations used for embedded and mobile development.
- When a file with up to date analysis results is saved while the IDE is in Build or Debug mode its status is now correctly set to "Stale".
- Corrected a bug which was causing the Analysis Results Display to be cleared when a window was closed in Visual Lint Free Edition.
- Analysis results files are no longer parsed when a solution is loaded under Visual Lint Free Edition.
- Added a "Project" control to the Analysis Results Display. This allows for easier viewing of the analysis results for files which are physically shared between projects. In consequence, selecting a new project for a shared file in the Analysis Results Display
will now cause the Project/selected File in the Analysis Status Display to automatically update if "Auto select project" is active.
- Clicking on the white space to the right of the item label in the first column of the Analysis Status Display no longer incorrectly toggles the analysis state of the project or file. Note that this behaviour was due to a bug in the common control itself; this change simply implements a workaround for the incorrect behaviour.
- Modifications to reduce flicker in the Analysis Status and Results Displays. Effective when running under ComCtl32 v6 or later (i.e. VS2005 or later on XP, 2003 or Vista).
- Added (at customer request) an option to filter out duplicated issues from the Analysis Status and Results Displays.
- The Manual Analysis Dialog and Options Property Sheet now have persistant positioning within a given session.
- The progress bar within the Manual Analysis Dialog is now displayed correctly on completion when running under Windows Vista.
- When the Configuration Wizard is used to create new lint configuration (.lnt) files appropriate default filenames (e.g. std_vs60.lnt) are now supplied.
- Minor improvements to the Configuration Wizard "Select Folder" page.
- The analysis results parser no longer requires a completion line such as "error 900: (Note -- Successful completion, nnn messages produced)". This prevents the status of files being marked as "Incomplete" if PC-Lint forgot to include the completion message.
- Corrected a bug in the analysis results parser which caused it to fail if a pathname in the raw analysis results contains an opening bracket. Also added a test case for such results containing such pathnames to the corresponding unit tests [IMS ID 257].
- "Analysis of this file is currently in progress" messages in the raw analysis results displays are now suffixed with the analysis results collected so far.
- Raw Analysis Results are now displayed using the correct "Output Window" font settings when running under Visual Studio 6.0 or eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0.
- If a std.lnt file is generated by Visual Lint, subsequent updates (either via the Configuration Wizard or when the include configuration changes) will identify the version of Visual Lint which performed the update.
- If Visual Lint is running under Visual Studio 9.0, the host IDE is now reported as "Visual Studio 2008" in the Visual Lint Status pane of the Output Window rather than "Visual Studio codename Orcas".
- Corrected a bug in the storage of report options.
- Fixed a potential bottleneck in the processing of options changes.
- Revised the DSSharedObjects::IApplicationEvents event sink implementation for better compatibility with eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0.
- Moved the "Indirect File Order" option from the "Command Line" options page to the "Analysis" options page, and added interlocks to make it obvious that the "Project, then global options" option is only applicable to single file analysis.
- If the selected project in the Solution Explorer (VS2002 onwards only) is not a C/C++ project, the "Lint Configuration" command is no longer shown on its context menu.
- Fixed a case sensitivity issue in the project file parser.
- Optimised memory usage during whole project analysis.
- File status within the Analysis Results Display is now correctly set to "Complete" when the manual analysis of a file completes in Visual Lint Free Edition.
- Corrected a bug in the storage of historical solution result metrics.
- Made a minor tweak to the default std.lnt filenames in the Configuration Wizard.
- Corrected a bug in the Visual Studio 6.0 project file parser which caused preprocessor definitions of the form "/D _SYMBOL=Value" to fail to parse correctly.
- Replaced the "Analysis Underway" icon with a less fuzzy alternative [IMS ID 238].
- The "Readme" page now preceeds the "Licence Agreement" page in the installer (they were the opposite way around previously).
Posted by Anna at 21:08 | Get Link